Please use the following links for this week’s worship. You may wish to prepare your communion elements before we begin.
Order of Worship
Meeting ID: 827 4872 5884
We begin at 10am on Sundays. We have a short fellowship time, then Second Hour programming for adults and kids after the service.
1) Masks are optional for all participants. Masks will be worn by volunteers working with kids under 5.
2) Physically distanced sanctuary seating (by household or group)
Elders will serve individual communion element servings at the front. (You may bring your own elements for partaking at your seat.)
Below are details about kids’ programs for this coming Sunday! Masks will be worn by all participants and teachers (to the best of the kids’ ability).
Family Worship Hour (10:00 – 11:10)
Infants – 5 Yrs old — Nursery (9:45-11:15) — Main Level
(in the church office hallway)
6Yrs old – 5th Grade — Worship – Sanctuary
Second Hour (11:30 – 12:15)
No Second Hour this week
ADULT 2nd HOUR (11:30 – 12:15)
No Second Hour this week
The Van Zetten Bruins will be away on vacation from April 1 through April 8. In the event of a pastoral emergency please leave a message at 616.682.7594.
Coffee Time Returns! | Beginning on Easter Sunday Trinity will resume having coffee and treats after worship. We are excited to begin breaking bread together once again. In order to facilitate this time of food and fellowship we are asking Trinity folks to sign up to host coffee time on ONE particular Sunday.
Hosting duties will include:
• Providing treats (store-bought or homemade)
• Coming before worship to prepare coffee and set-up (setting up during worship can be distracting because the gathering space is directly outside the sanctuary)
• Oversee coffee time to make sure everyone has what they need
• Clean up afterwards (wash coffee supplies and cups, throw away trash, etc.)
. We’ll also invite people to brainstorm ideas for ways Trinity can live into our vision and values. Consistory is creating a new Vision & Values Implementation Team that will implement goals in order to help us live out our values and live toward our vision.
Getting to Know Trinity | The next Getting to Know Trinity seminar (formerly known as New to Trinity) will be Sunday, April 24 from 11:30 pm to 1 pm. In this seminar, we find out more about Trinity‘s history and values, discuss Trinity’s style of worship, invite questions, and explore what membership at Trinity means. Plus there is lunch and a tour of the building, including the mysterious third floor. Please rsvp to benjamin@
Maundy Thursday Service | For the first time in two years we will have an in-person option for the Maundy Thursday service. This year’s service begins at 7 pm on Thursday, April 14. We’ll update our hand washing tradition to make it more hygienic and encourage people to wash one another’s hands within household units or small groups.
Updated COVID Prevention Policies | Consistory updated several of Trinity’s COVID era practices knowing that these policies can be changed again should the prevalence of the pandemic in our area change.
The goal of these changes is to be hospitable to those ready for less COVID risk mitigation while also being hospitable to those who want to continue practicing a higher level of COVID risk mitigation.
Consistory members invite your feedback about these policy changes and your suggestions about how to make Trinity more hospitable.
- Effective immediately, wearing masks is optional for people coming to worship and attending onsite meetings. We are still requiring masks to be worn by people serving communion and those working with children under 5 years old.
- Effective immediately, we invite people to Pass the Peace with whatever kind of greeting the person you are greeting welcomes. We’ll need to pay attention to one another and honor all requests for a more distant greeting. A hand outstretched for a fist bump clearly means “no thank you” to arms opened wide for a hug. It may seem like extra work, but peacemaking is worth the effort!
- Starting in April, we will serve communion at the table with pre-sliced, gluten free bread and individual glass cups of juice. Servers will hand bread to individuals. People will be able to partake of the elements at the table.
- Starting on Easter Sunday, April 17 we will offer coffee/tea and snacks after the service.
Send us prayer updates and requests: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign up for our email list in order to receive prayer updates and requests.
Don’t forget, you can send your offerings to Trinity via the “Give” link below or you can sign up for a regular automatic contribution by using the ACH Draft button.